The 2WPC Laminated Work Mat is an invaluable aid for your studio or work space. Use as a work surface and to ensure precise measuring and marking. Just perfect for finding centres and positions for jump rings. No need to take a heavy tile when working away from your studio! Comes with a base to place on slippery surfaces.
The mat features:
- A4 size giving a large work area.
- Both 1cm and 2mm squares, marked on a grid that covers most of the mat.
- A 360o protractor.
- The protractor is broken down into 1/4’s – a useful feature for cane makers.
- The outer perimeter of the mat features angles all around to make the same cuts every time. No more guess work!
- Right angles everywhere for precise cuts.
- A metric ruler down each side for measuring.
- 6 different shapes in graded sizing to copy for making your own templates
Tips and ideas for using the mat:
- Work on baking paper so you can see through it to use the grid and other markings. Pick up the baking paper and clay to put directly onto a tile or Teflon mat for baking without distorting the clay.
- Tape to your desktop with painters tape (for easy removal).
- Place under a sheet of glass.
- Use to store veneers and cut pieces for ease of moving them around the studio until ready for use.
Note: this mat is not suitable for baking or curing on. To prevent damaging the mat, make care not to press too hard if using an extra sharp craft knife or scalpel.