Cernit Kit Finish Glass – 2 part Epoxy Resin features:
- Achieve thick, perfectly level layers without bubbles.
- Add progressive layers between drying to get 3D effects.
- May be coloured with solvent-based colors (eg. Darwi Glass Paints).
- Drying time is 12 to 24 hours (depending on the humidity and temperature).
Clean equipment with a solvent based cleaner.
- 1 bottle of component A (Epoxy Resin) x 120ml.
- 1 bottle of component B (Hardener) x 60 ml .
- 1 small measuring cup
- 2 plastic gloves
- 1 small wooden mixing stick
How to Use:
Use gloves as the resin will stick to fingers while working! Measure 2 parts of A (Epoxy Resin) and add one part of B (Hardener) and mix for 2 minutes. It is important that the two are well mixed. If you wish to colour your resin, add solvent-based Darwi Glass colours.
Apply either by brush (clean brushes with a solvent), or directly from the container in which the mixture was mixed, using the mixing stick or a spatula.
If bubbles appear, do not worry! They will disappear after a few minutes.
It is possible to add layers progressively after the drying of each layer, when adding layers of colour, inclusions or to create a 3D effect.
Drying will take 12 to 24 hours depending on the humidity of the room and the thickness of the resin layer. No baking is necessary!
- Once mixed, the mixture cannot be stored. After 20 minutes, the mixture begins to thicken. Small amounts of unused mixture, may be frozen for a few days and then reused. Once unfrozen it cannot be refrozen as the mixture will loose its qualities.
- It is crucial to cover pieces while drying to prevent dust from getting on the surface. Dust will leave flaws on the surface!
- Resin may be sanded with fine grit sandpaper and buffed to a high shine.