How to Use Metallic Lustre
Apply to the surface with a soft cloth or sponge. Buff to a brilliant sheen. Seal for added durability and outdoor exposure. Clean up with soap and water.
Extending the Shelf Life of Metallic Lustre
To achieve optimum performance in application, adherence, and sheen, Metallic Lustre is formulated to be a soft paste. However, it can become more solid over time, depending on the frequency of use and storage conditions. Unlike regular paint, Metallic Lustre can easily be reconstituted or softened with small amounts of water. To extend the shelf life or to create a softer paste, add a few drops of water to the jar and reseal. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight to allow the paste to absorb the water, then stir the paste with a palette knife or plastic knife to ensure that the water is completely re-incorporated. If necessary, repeat this process until Metallic Lustre returns to its original consistency or the consistency you desire.
Tips for Using Metallic Lustre
- When applying to dimensional surfaces, using a small stiff brush or stencil brush will make it easier to get into the crevices.
- Use a stencil brush and a swirling motion to stencil metallic designs on project surfaces.
- Buffing with a soft cloth increases the sheen.
- It works beautifully on polymer clay.
- It is very metallic,
- You don’t have to seal it, but for jewellery or items that will be handled more, it is recommended you apply a seal.