Although the Millefiori Studio Silk Screens were designed for use primarily on Polymer Clay, they are equally good for glass, paper, fabric and metal surfaces.
On polymer clay, it is recommended good quality acrylic paint be used.
If used and cleaned as advised the screens will be long lasting. Instructions for use and care are included with the screen.
Millefiori Studio silk screens are all copyright free or from our original designs. You can use the screen you have purchased for any project and sell whatever you make.
Silk screens measure approximately 100mm x 635mm (4 x 5 inches).
Use with Acrylic paints that have the following qualities:
- High viscosity
- Polymer clay compatible
- Will withstand the heat of the oven
- Thin acrylic paints can have a thickening gel added to them.
We have found Lumiere Acrylic paints work well for silk screening.
- Try them over a skinner blend, or a lightly textured background.
- In multi layers (washing and drying the screen thoroughly between each each layer), move the screen slightly and use different colours.
- Shaded with Pearl Ex Pigments, Perfect Pearls Pigments, Chalk Pastels, Surface FX, Heat Set Embossing Powder or blinged up with Glitter, the options are endless!